MCLEAN, VA - Hilton Worldwide today announced the winners of its annual development awards for North America in the categories of Lifetime Achievement, Developer of the Year, Best Conversion, Deal of the Year and Outstanding Achievement. Recipients are awarded based on criteria that includes unique hotels developed, total number and quality of hotels, impact on community and fastest construction time.
"Our success is due, in part, to the critical contributions and support of our hotel owners," said Craig Mance, senior vice president, North American development, Hilton Worldwide. "Their commitment and vision helps us to deliver the light and warmth of hospitality to our guests, and we are proud to recognize their achievements."
The Franchise Development Owner Awards Program, which was launched in 2002, underscores the company's commitment to supporting the development of its brands and the success of its hotel owners.
The following hotel developers and properties have been awarded the top recognition by Hilton Worldwide for producing premier quality hotels in 2011:
- Michael V. Harrell, Vista Host, Inc. for multiple Hilton-branded properties
DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR
- Embassy Suites: Alpesh K. Patel, Kana Hotel Group for Embassy Suites - Knoxville West, TN
- Multi-Brand: Stephen J. Giblin, SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts for multiple Hilton-branded properties
- Hampton Hotels: Corry Oakes, OTO Development for Hampton Hotels - New York/Times Square Central & Hampton Inn - Washington, D.C/H. Street NW
- Hilton Garden Inn: Barry Sternlicht, Chairman & CEO, Starwood Capital Group for Hilton Garden Inn - for multiple HGI-branded properties
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: M. Rogers and Michael V. Harrell, West End Avenue, LLC for Homewood Suites by Hilton - Nashville Vanderbilt, TN
- Home2 Suites by Hiltons: Joseph R. Scuderi & William S. Holstein, The Widewaters Group for Home2 Suites by Hilton - Pittsburgh/McCandless, PA
- DoubleTree by Hilton: David Abraham, Vail Summit Resorts for DoubleTree by Hilton - The Great Divide Lodge at DT Hotel
- Embassy Suites: Thomas Baltimore, RLJ Lodging Trust for Embassy Suites - West Palm Beach Central, FL
- Hampton Hotels: Greg Merage, MIG Real Estate for Hampton Hotels - Jackson Hole, WY
- Hilton Garden Inn: Thomas Baltimore, RLJ Lodging Trust for Hilton Garden Inn - Raleigh Durham RTP, NC
DEAL OF THE YEAR
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Albany Hotel TRS, LLC for Hilton Hotels & Resorts - Albany, NY
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Creighton Schneck, Capital Hospitality for DoubleTree by Hilton - Philadelphia - Valley Forge, PA
- Hampton Hotels: Julian MacQueen, Innisfree Hotels for Hampton Hotels - Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, AL
- Hilton Garden Inn: John L. Williams, Diamond Rock Hospitality for Hilton Garden Inn - New York/Times Square South, NY
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Mark G. Carrier, B.F. Saul Company for Homewood Suites by Hilton - Arlington Rosslyn-Key Bridge, VA
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: S. Jay Patel, North Point Hospitality Group for Home2 Suites by Hilton - Nashville Vanderbilt, TN
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Lynn Leany, Trism III for DoubleTree by Hilton - The Grand Lodge at Brian Head, UT
- Hampton Hotels: E. Philip Saunders and Serge Lussi, The Hotel at Mirror Lake, Inc. for Hampton Inn & Suites - Lake Placid, NY
- Hilton Garden Inn: DJ Rama, JHM Hotels for Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando I-Drive Convention Center, FL
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Allan V. Rose, AVR Realty Company for Homewood Suites by Hilton - Carle Place/Westbury, NY
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Daniel A. Klingerman, Liberty Hospitality Partners for Home2 Suites by Hilton - Williamsport, PA
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 93 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,900 hotels and timeshare properties, with 640,000 rooms in 91 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors(R). Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.
SOURCE: Hilton Worldwide